Senior Structural Engineer
Senior Structural Engineer
IFAB Engineering Partners Ltd. is seeking serious applicants to fill the role of Senior Structural Engineer. Work is performed in collaboration with a full complement of designers and engineers from a variety of disciplines. The role of Senior Structural Engineer is an important technical leadership position. Reporting to the Director of Engineering, the Senior Structural Engineer will provide structural design expertise on a variety of projects. The Senior Structural Engineer leads by example on an array of structural design analysis, code compliance, and drawing reviews. This role provides the opportunity to utilize technical skills, stay abreast with industry standards and trends, as well as being a key team player to the successful completion of IFAB projects.
The ideal candidate for this position has experience working as a structural engineer on both commercial and industrial buildings. Experience leading a team and knowledge of the food and beverage sector would highlight an exemplary candidate. We seek people who are proud of their work, and who go the distance to ensure both accuracy and on time delivery. In return, we offer an opportunity to work with a first-class group of professionals, in a vibrant modern office with a culture of openness, transparency, and work/life balance. The successful candidate will benefit from an industry leading compensation package and we provide excellent opportunities for professional development and advancement.
IFAB ENGINEERING PARTNERS
IFAB is Integrated Food and Buildings. We offer integrated project management for multi-disciplinary building solutions in the fast-paced industrial food sector, including process optimization, project management, and full design and engineering services from original concept to capital investment analysis and then through construction to final building commissioning. We work across North America with highly recognized food producers.
Our team has been together since 2011, with the core group having worked together more than fifteen years. Recently we formalized a partnership with Dennis Group, a global consulting firm dedicated to the food and beverage sector (https://www.dennisgroup.com). This makes for added opportunities for all of our employees, both for a greater variety of projects and for company-wide opportunities.
We set ourselves apart from other consulting firms with excellent long-term client relationships, collaboration for solid solutions, and maximum efficiency in our specialized sector. Plus, we genuinely enjoy working together!
Key duties and responsibilities
Key responsibilities include the following:
- Perform in the capacity of a fully licensed structural engineer with the authority to seal drawings;
- Work closely with designers, fellow engineers, technical specialists, and project managers to design optimized industrial and commercial facilities;
- Evaluate and interpret project requirements in order to develop innovative and good value solutions to clients’ needs;
- Participate in design team collaboration in order to achieve optimal design;
- Perform field investigations, computer modeling, structural analysis on existing and proposed structures;
- Provide structural design and engineering for building permits, tendering of work, and general construction;
- Support project managers with design work and coordination of approvals as required;
- Act as a project manager when appropriate;
- Review shop drawings and perform site observations to validate general conformance to design;
- Work under the guidance of the director of engineering to develop design skills and ensure design quality standards are met; and
- Provide leadership and technical guidance to all structural team staff.
- Degree in Structural Engineering from a recognized college, university or training institution;
- Minimum of five years of experience as a certified Professional Engineer;
- Demonstrated working understanding of the Ontario Building Code and the National Building Code;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Strong technical, organizational, coordination, and communication skills, as demonstrated through previous project work;
- Demonstrated ability and interest to work as part of a team and to lead a team;
- Desire to develop skills and expand career;
- Proven experience with office software such as the MS Office Suite; and
- Experience in the Food and Beverage Industry considered an asset but is not a requirement.
Travel and working conditions
- Work is generally completed in a newly renovated office environment;
- Some travel is necessary to support project presentations at client sites across Canada; travel is expected to be 10-20% of the time, with some overnight stays expected.
IFAB Engineering Partners welcomes and encourages employees from diverse backgrounds. Accommodations are available upon request to provide an equal opportunity workplace for everyone.