Project Manager II - Engineering
About the Job
The project management role is a leadership position in our design-build delivery model. Typical responsibilities include:
- Managing projects from planning through commissioning including developing and ensuring key objectives are achieved
- Developing detailed project plans including scopes, budgets, and schedules
- Managing project execution, including design-only and design-build projects
- Coordinating, managing, and leading multiple internal and external resources
- Preparing bid packages, bid tabulations, and participating in contract negotiations for building and process manufacturing systems
- On-site construction project coordination and management
- Developing and leading talent within our organization
- Generating business through networking and strengthening client relationships
Dennis Group subscribes to the player-coach and seller-doer models. This role requires excellent leadership, organization, and time management skills as you will wear many hats at once. The role is also technical and client facing. Those finding success in the role typically have a technical background - which they apply daily - and are professional, self-motivated, and energetic with excellent communication and inter-personal skills.
- Minimum of 10 years of professional experience with an engineering, consulting, or design firm
- 5+ years as a Project Manager with proven track record of successful project management with food and beverage experience preferred
- Demonstrated success delivering numerous projects on time, meeting requirements, with high team satisfaction.
- Excellent analytical, organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
- Attention to detail, accuracy, and deadlines
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD, Excel, Project, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Experience in process, packaging, or facilities engineering within the food and beverage industry
- Managing, mentoring, and developing team members
- MBA, professional engineering license(s), or leadership program certification(s)
- English, Spanish, French, and/or Portuguese language skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Civil/Structural, Architectural/Mechanical/Electrical/ Industrial/ Construction Management)
- Master’s Degree in Engineering (Civil/Structural, Architectural/Mechanical/Electrical/ Industrial/ Construction Management)
Travel to client and equipment manufacturer locations will be required of this position.
Candidates should expect overnight travel not less than 40% of the year though this figure is project dependent and may significantly vary year-to-year.
We plan, design, engineer, and build food plants for major brands across the country and the world. For the past three decades, we’ve focused exclusively on the food and beverage industry, helping your favorite brands put your favorite foods in the grocery store. Simply put, food isn’t one thing we do, it’s all we do!
Dennis Group offers competitive compensation packages commensurate with experience. We provide comprehensive employee benefits including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, paid time off including an open vacation policy, as well as bonus, profit-sharing, and retirement plans.
Dennis Group is proud to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or genetics.