About the Job
We are seeking an experienced wastewater process engineer with strong technical and management capabilities to support and advance the wastewater management capabilities of our process engineering practice. The selected candidate will focus on the design and implementation of industrial wastewater, process water as well as permitting, depending on the client’s needs. The professional will work under senior leadership in providing services including, but not limited to:
- Treatment and conveyance system process design;
- Conceptual design, cost estimating, scheduling, and option evaluations;
- Equipment sizing and selection;
- Final detailed design including preparation of design drawings and specifications for bid;
- Permit investigation, scheduling and acquisition;
- Field investigations and construction support;
- System start-up support; and
- Process optimization and troubleshooting.
The selected candidate will have full technical responsibility for scoping, performing, and delivering multiple concurrent project assignments. At times, the selected individual may delegate assignments to junior team members and be responsible for overseeing completion of tasks. Consistent with our sell-manage-do business model, the selected candidate will also help build the future of our wastewater practice through lead generation, business development, project management, staff development, and mentoring.
Preferred candidates will have a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in environmental, chemical or civil engineering and 8 years of relevant work experience in the engineering field focused on industrial projects with emphasis in food processing wastewater treatment and air discharge pollution controls. Experience in system engineering and design, execution and project/task management are required. Professional engineering registration and experience with industry modeling and design tools are preferred but not required.
Specific areas of expertise required for the position include:
- Experience in food process plant wastewater treatment technologies – solids removal, DAF, biological
- Knowledge of wastewater dewatering systems
- Analysis and modeling of food process waste flows, considering production and sanitation operations
- Determining of wastewater flow equalization requirement
- Ability to size and design wastewater lift station
- Familiarity with air discharge pollution controls such as scrubbers and thermal catalytic oxidizers
- The ability and willingness to perform fieldwork and travel are also required.
We plan, design, engineer, and build food plants for major brands across the country and the world. For the past three decades, we’ve focused exclusively on the food and beverage industry, helping your favorite brands put your favorite foods in the grocery store. Simply put, food isn’t one thing we do, it’s all we do.
Dennis Group offers competitive compensation packages commensurate with experience. We provide comprehensive employee benefits including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, paid time off including an open vacation policy, as well as bonus, profit-sharing, and retirement plans.
Dennis Group is proud to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or genetics.