IFAB Engineering Partners Ltd. is seeking serious applicants to fill the role of Electrical Engineer. Work is performed in collaboration with a full complement of designers and engineers from a variety of disciplines. The role is to be an integral part of the project team with the design of electrical systems for various building facilities in compliance with all relevant codes and standards.
Responsibilities include designing electrical layouts and schematics for a variety of facilities, lighting (indoor and outdoor), standby power generation, controls, life safety systems, voice/data telecommunications and security/CCTV systems. The ideal candidate for this position has a P.Eng. designation with experience in electrical design of industrial buildings. Previous experience in the food and beverage industry would be considered an asset.
We seek people who are proud of their work, and who go the distance to ensure both accuracy and on time delivery. In return, we offer an opportunity to work with a first-class group of professionals, in a vibrant modern office with a culture of openness, transparency, and work/life balance. The successful candidate will benefit from an industry leading compensation package and excellent opportunities for professional development and advancement.
IFAB ENGINEERING PARTNERS
IFAB is Integrated Food and Buildings. We offer consulting services for integrated project management and multi-disciplinary building solutions in the fast-paced industrial food sector, including process optimization, project management, and full design and engineering services from original concept to capital investment analysis and then through construction to final building commissioning. We work across North America with highly recognized food producers.
Our team has been together since 2011, with the core group having worked together more than fifteen years. Recently we formalized a partnership with Dennis Group, a global consulting firm also dedicated to the food and beverage sector (https://www.dennisgroup.com). This makes for added opportunities for all of our employees, both for a greater variety of projects and for company-wide opportunities.
We set ourselves apart from other consulting firms with excellent long-term client relationships, collaboration for solid solutions, and maximum efficiency in our specialized sector. Plus, we genuinely enjoy working together!
Key Responsibilities Include the Following:
- Design electrical systems for building power, including normal, emergency and standby power distribution systems, lighting and lighting controls, fire alarm systems, telecommunication and security systems, with designs to meet or exceed local building and electrical code requirements;
- Develop electrical designs, drawings, and schedules including preliminary, schematic, general arrangement, detailed design, tender and construction drawings for a wide range of clients;
- Act as Engineer of Record for building permits;
- Design lighting schematics to ensure proper calculations are taken into account;
- Provide value-added designs to “right size” the investment for clients, and assist with trade off assessments for maximum value in both short and long term;
- Visit project sites to conduct assessments of existing electrical systems, and to inspect new installations;
- Participate in design team meetings to achieve an optimal coordinated design;
- Provide coaching and mentoring to both direct reports and to other members of the project team; and
- Maintain familiarity with current techniques, industry standards, etc.
- Degree in electrical engineering from a recognized college, or university;
- Designated as a professional engineer, or in pursuit of such designation;
- A minimum of 3 to 5 years’ relevant experience as an electrical engineer;
- Demonstrated proficiency with AutoCAD and/or REVIT;
- Demonstrated working understanding of the Ontario Building Code and ideally also experience with the National Building Code;
- Demonstrated working understanding of codes and regulations associated with the Ontario Electrical Safety Code and Canadian Electrical Code;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Strong technical, organizational, coordination, and communication skills, as demonstrated through previous project work;
- Demonstrated ability and interest to work as part of a team;
- Desire to develop skills and expand career;
- Proven experience with office software such as the MS Office Suite;
- Experience in the food sector is considered an asset but is not a requirement.
Travel and Working Conditions
- Work is completed in a climate controlled comfortable modern office environment;
- Travel will be necessary to visit client site’s; travel is expected to be required 15-20% of the time, including occasionally overnight.