About the Job
We are seeking Senior Estimators. As a Dennis Group Senior Estimator your primary responsibilities, in collaboration with the Project Manager, include:
- Assessing and managing project scope, budget, and risk during preconstruction period
- Leading regular coordination meetings to keep all parties aligned on project scope, design, schedule, and budget.
- Participating in design, schedule, and value engineering sessions.
- Reviewing all project documents, for completeness and accuracy.
- Developing conceptual and detailed estimates
- Preparing take-offs and full project budgets in collaboration with project team leads.
- Developing lump sum bids.
- Presenting job cost, schedule, and budget updates at regular intervals. Maintaining cost history.
- Developing preconstruction schedule and monitoring progress.
- Developing bid scope for trade packages and vetting subcontractor proposals to ensure compliance with bid scope.
- Reviewing subcontracts and purchase orders.
- Managing project buy-out and formalizing subcontractors.
- Support development and maintenance of cost database.
- Promoting and support career development of team members
- Other related duties as assigned or needed.
- Solid understanding of the construction industry
- Design-build project delivery method
- Different construction means and methods
- Procurement methods, contract management, planning and scheduling, budgets, building products, and relevant technology
- Read and interpret plans, specifications, and related project documents
- Excellent MS Office skills including Excel, Project and Word are expected
- A degree in Construction Management, Architecture and/or Engineering
- Minimum 7-10 years of applicable experience is strongly preferred
- Experience building industrial or large commercial facilities is also preferred
Lastly, this role requires excellent leadership, collaboration, organization, and time management skills as you will wear many hats at once. The role is technical and client facing. Those finding success in the role typically have a technical background and are professional, self-motivated, and energetic with excellent communication and inter-personal skills.
Candidates must be open to overnight travel throughout the year and be willing to work in client facilities and on construction sites.
We plan, design, engineer, and build food plants for major brands across the country and the world. For the past three decades, we’ve focused exclusively on the food and beverage industry, helping your favorite brands put your favorite foods in the grocery store. Simply put, food isn’t one thing we do, it’s all we do!
Dennis Group offers competitive compensation packages commensurate with experience. We provide comprehensive employee benefits including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, paid time off including an open vacation policy, as well as bonus, profit-sharing, and retirement plans.
Dennis Group is proud to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or genetics.