About the Job
We are seeking an ambitious Environmental / Industrial Wastewater Engineer to grow with our environmental engineering group. In this role you will work closely with our civil, process, mechanical, and architectural professionals to scope, permit, design, lay out, install, and commission industrial wastewater systems for our food and beverage clients. Typical responsibilities for this role include:
- Assisting project management with the development of project scope, budget, and schedule for all environmental related work
- Conducting site audits to aid in site selection decisions
- Evaluating air and wastewater quality parameters and designing an optimized treatment process
- Preparing process flow and piping and instrumentation diagrams
- Sizing and specification of air and wastewater treatment processes and utilities
- Equipment procurement and bid evaluation
- Coordinating the construction schedule and work of contractors for utilities and air emissions and wastewater treatment processes
- Overseeing construction of air emissions and wastewater treatment facilities and equipment
- Start-up and commissioning
- On-site construction project coordination and management with travel requirements between 20-40% of the year
- 4+ years of experience with increasing responsibility in a related field or environment. Experience working for professional services, environmental engineering, industrial wastewater treatment, air emissions treatment and control, and food and beverage firms is a plus.
- Fundamental understanding of wastewater treatment, air emissions, associated treatment processes and equipment, capital project scoping and estimating, specifications, and Design/Build construction.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with proven client interaction and experience.
- Strong problem solving, organizing, and time management skills.
- Intellectual curiosity and a positive, can-do, team-oriented attitude.
- Proficiency with MS Office, AutoCAD, and CADWorx.
- Bachelor’s degree in environmental, civil, chemical, or process engineering. FE is a plus.
We plan, design, engineer, and build food plants for major brands across the country and the world. For the past three decades, we’ve focused exclusively on the food and beverage industry, helping your favorite brands put your favorite foods in the grocery store. Simply put, food isn’t one thing we do, it’s all we do.
Dennis Group offers competitive compensation packages commensurate with experience. We provide comprehensive employee benefits including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, paid time off including an open vacation policy, as well as bonus, profit-sharing, and retirement plans.
Dennis Group is proud to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or genetics.