About the Job
Dennis Group is currently seeking an Accounting Intern in our Springfield MA location. This is a paid internship opportunity beginning Summer 2021 with opportunity for continued work upon completion. This internship will pay $17 per hour.
Dennis Group is the premier Engineering, Design and Construction Management firm exclusively serving the food and beverage production industry. Over the past three decades we’ve built a team with a deep understanding of the intricacies, challenges, and needs of food and beverage producers around the globe. As a full-service firm offering architectural, engineering, master planning, process design and construction management services, Dennis Group is uniquely structured to serve our clients and has earned a reputation for consistently delivering safely-executed, high-quality, value-oriented work. Dennis Group is headquartered in Springfield, MA and has offices in Atlanta, GA, Salt Lake City, UT, San Diego, CA, São Paulo, Brazil, and Toronto, Canada.
Position Summary and Essential Functions
The successful candidate will assist in the daily accounting operations in our Springfield, MA location working with other accounting staff and reporting to senior staff within the department. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Employee expense report review and processing
- A/R - including assistance in monthly client invoicing of labor, expenses, construction and equipment costs
- A/P - including invoice processing and vendor payments
- Bank deposits and cash receipts posting
- Filing and scanning
- Other ongoing miscellaneous clerical accounting tasks as needed
- Seeking a 3rd year student obtaining a bachelors is Business Administration and/or concentration in Accounting or a recent graduate
- Average commitment of 20 hours per week while school is in session
- 32 to 40 hour commitment during summer
- Prior work experience in a corporate environment is preferred
- The ideal candidate must be proficient in Microsoft Office, with preference given to those with demonstrated solid Excel skills
- Strong attention to detail and ability to adjust quickly to changing priorities
- Prior related work experience utilizing accounting software ideal but not required
Dennis Group is proud to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or genetics.