IFAB Engineering Partners Ltd. is seeking serious applicants for a Project Manager. Work is at the intermediate to senior level, performed in collaboration with a full complement of designers and engineers from a variety of engineering disciplines. The Project Manager leads the scope, schedule, and budget definitions for the project, and acts as the primary point of contact with both clients and contractors, all aimed at achieving the optimal design and value for the clients with the maximum profitability for IFAB Engineering. Project sizes range from small building renovation to multi-million dollar new builds.
The ideal candidate for this position would have experience in building project management systems, including leading design teams, administering tenders, working with local authorities, cost forecasting, scheduling, and CCDC contract administration. Previous experience with building designs or construction as well as knowledge of food and beverage industry would be an asset.
We seek people who are proud of their work, and who go the distance to ensure both accuracy and on time deliver. In return, we provide excellent opportunities for professional development and advancement.
IFAB ENGINEERING PARTNERS
IFAB is Integrated Food and Buildings. We offer consulting services for integrated project management and multi-disciplinary building solutions in the fast-paced industrial food sector, including process optimization, project management, and full design and engineering services from original concept to capital investment analysis and then through construction to final building commissioning. We work across North America with highly recognized food producers.
Our team has been together since 2011, with the core group having worked together more than fifteen years. Recently we formalized a partnership with Dennis Group, a global consulting firm dedicated to the food and beverage sector (https://www.dennisgroup.com). This makes for added opportunities for all of our employees, both for a greater variety of projects and for company-wide opportunities.
We set ourselves apart from other consulting firms with excellent long-term client relationships, collaboration for solid solutions, and maximum efficiency in our specialized sector. Plus, we genuinely enjoy working together!
Key Responsibilities Include the Following:
- Lead project teams for preliminary design, full engineering, permitting, tendering, and construction phases;
- Create and engage efficient project processes for maximum collaboration with minimal cost and rework;
- Participate fully with the project team to provide high quality, low cost and on-time solutions;
- Interface with the extended project team, including Owner’s personnel, other engineers, equipment providers, municipal officials and authorities having jurisdiction;
- Provide research and problem solving for design and site issues;
- Monitor and flag any risks identified to scope, schedule, or budget;
- Maintain all necessary documents for the life cycle of the project, including request for information (RFI), change orders, shop drawings, progress draws, substantial performance certifications; and
- Provide guidance and mentoring to other project managers in training.
Candidates will meet the following requirements:
- Diploma or certificate in a related field from a recognized college, university or training institute - or equivalent in experience;
- Minimum of three years of experience and demonstrated familiarity with project management processes in construction projects with a minimum value of $2 million;
- Demonstrated ability to organize a project team toward a collective goal, and to achieve that goal;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Ability to communicate openly and effectively upward to senior executives on project progress, with an awareness when project issues need to be escalated;
- Demonstrated ability to asses and mitigate project risks;
- Demonstrated ability to administer standard CCDC documents;
- Proficient at reading and interpreting technical specifications, design drawings and details;
- Experience with the MS Office Suite;
- A valid driver’s license and willingness to drive personal vehicle to local project sites;
- Actively work at improving project skills and increase current knowledge of project management for both self and the company benefit.
Additional skills that would benefit candidate include:
- PMP designation achieved or in progress;
- Demonstrated understanding of food processing;
- Ability to write technical specifications; and
- Ability to use MS Project or other scheduling software.
Travel and Working Conditions
- Work will take place in a newly renovated modern office environment.
- Travel to project sites primarily locally but also across North America, with occasionally overnight travel and some instances of 2-3 days duration.