About the Job
We are seeking designers to support our process, mechanical and utility engineering groups. Responsibilities include, but not be limited to:
- Layout of process and utility equipment in 2D equipment arrangements
- Creating process mechanical drawings using the 2D AutoCAD, 3D modeling of process and utility equipment
- Full 3D design of process and utility piping systems per Piping and Instrumentation Drawings (PID) and engineering direction
- Creating piping drawings using the 3D models for bidding and construction purposes
- Equipment access, pipe support systems, and support platform design
- Extensive coordination of process piping and process mechanical designs with the entire facility design team
Your Skills and Qualifications
- 2D and 3D equipment layout design
- Platform Design – conceptual design for review by structural engineer.
- Understanding of and ability to create PIDs. Must be able to create piping drawings from PIDs and equipment arrangements.
- Ability to gather and organize information for developing design drawings
- Ability to oversee all aspects and details of process and utility piping
- Preparation of general arrangements, plans, elevations, isometrics and details for use in bid packaging and construction
- Execution of 3D model reviews with client using Navisworks
- Excellent communication skills. Work with the process, architectural, structural, mechanical, electrical, and control disciplines through overall design coordination.
- Ability to visit client sites as needed to understand existing equipment arrangements and piping systems as well as assist construction managers with coordination issues in the field
- 4+ years of piping and equipment layout experience
- Familiarity with XREFS and basic drawing setup
- Requisite proficiency in AutoCAD
- 3D experience using CADWorx, Plant3D or similar programs. Revit piping experience a plus.
- Ability to interpret PIDs and transpose that information into a piping layout
- Experience with design of Food and Beverage processes a plus
Travel to client construction sites will be required of this position. You should expect overnight travel not less than 20% of the year.
We plan, design, engineer, and build food plants for major brands across the country and the world. For the past three decades, we’ve focused exclusively on the food and beverage industry, helping your favorite brands put your favorite foods in the grocery store. Simply put, food isn’t one thing we do, it’s all we do.
Dennis Group offers competitive compensation packages commensurate with experience. We provide comprehensive employee benefits including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, paid time off including an open vacation policy, as well as bonus, profit-sharing, and retirement plans.
Dennis Group is proud to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or genetics.